Am I Right For Axiom?
Am I Right For Axiom?
There is nothing worse than going through a long selection process and joining an organization, only to realize soon afterwards that things are unlikely to work out—not good for anyone, and something we really want to help you avoid. We’ve learned that it takes a certain combination of skills, knowledge, experience, and personality to really thrive within Axiom, in the work we do, and with the clients we serve. We’re careful to try and select people that are most likely to succeed on all fronts, so in this section we would like to help you understand what we’re looking for when hiring new people to join our team. Learn more about our people here.
Our clients know us best
We can say a lot about the people at Axiom, but we think our clients have the most important perspective on our people, because they experience working and engaging with us each and every day. Take a moment to hear some of our clients describing what it’s like to work with Axiom and our people. Watch the videos here.
Our diverse people have some important things in common
We have a very diverse team at Axiom, in all sorts of ways, but there are some common characteristics that are important to our people and the culture we’re trying to create. If the following resonate for you, then there’s every chance you would be a great fit with Axiom:
- Uncommon Talent: Our people work side-by-side with senior client executives, helping them solve their most challenging business problems. To do this requires a rare combination of business acumen, critical thinking, and professional presence, as well as subject matter expertise and well-honed consulting tradecraft. Learn more about the range of industries we serve here, the services we provide here, and what we look for in candidates with different levels of experience here.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: We’re very focused on growing our business and expanding our market presence. Our people think big and want to be part of building something unique. We like to find new and better ways of doing things all the time, and we encourage everyone to actively participate in firm building activities including marketing, thought leadership, intellectual property, recruitment, and internal talent development. Everyone owns shares in the firm, which helps to cultivate an ownership mentality.
- Values Matter: We rely on principles more than policies to guide our behavior and decisions, so our Values are really important to us. They guide how we work with clients and our daily interactions with each other. We not only revisit our values and what drives our business each year as a firm, but we recognize team members that live these values to the fullest on a regular basis, and incorporate them into our annual performance review process to guide individual development. Please take the time to learn more about our seven values – Client, Insight, Collaboration, Openness, Balance, Growth and Boldness – by clicking here.
- Relaxed Professionalism: Our clients tell us we’re extremely professional and polished, but that we’re also easy to work with and comfortable being ourselves. We’re confident and assertive, but never arrogant. We believe having the highest standards and having fun are not mutually exclusive. Our people are open-minded, inquisitive, and always interested in learning new things. We help our clients and colleagues, and genuinely enjoy their company.
- Organizational Maturity: We try to focus on things that matter, and not spend too much time on things that don’t. We like to have fun, we dislike office politics, we encourage transparency, we don’t have many rules, and we discourage hierarchy. But when it comes to our clients and our culture, we’re very focused in terms of what we’re trying to do and how we need to go about doing it. All this helps make Axiom a refreshing, modern, and mature place to work.
We’re hiring for the following roles right now
To better serve our clients and continue to fuel our growth, we are always looking for new Partners to join our firm. Partner candidates should reach out to Garrett Sheridan, our firm President, using his contact details found here.
We are also seeking high-performing professionals to join our team in Principal and Consultant roles.
Axiom’s Principals leverage their skills and experience to develop client solutions in areas including strategy assessment and implementation, strategic and operational planning, business process and organizational design, talent management and leadership development. As a core member of our team, Principals work with colleagues and client personnel at all levels to drive the design and implementation of business transformation and growth initiatives. The Principal role is primarily focused on applying subject matter and project management expertise to drive client solution development and support business development. Well-honed organizational, analytical and communication skills are essential for success in this role. A key differentiator for Axiom and an essential driver of both our effectiveness and our client’s satisfaction is that we operate in highly collaborative and flexible project teams that are unconstrained by the traditional “bill by the hour” model common in many professional services firms.
Axiom’s Consultants are exposed to a wide range of disciplines including, strategy assessment and implementation, strategic and operational planning, business process and organizational design, talent management and leadership development. As a core member of our team, Consultants work with colleagues and client personnel at all levels to design and implement business transformation and growth initiatives. The Consultant role is responsible for supporting solution development through data gathering, research, quantitative and qualitative analyses and development of high quality written materials. A key differentiator for Axiom and an essential driver of both our effectiveness and our client’s satisfaction is that we operate in highly collaborative and flexible project teams that are unconstrained by the traditional “bill by the hour” model common in many professional services firms.
Find out more about these roles and the ideal candidate profile by clicking here.
If you think Axiom might be right for you, and that you might be right for Axiom, then why not take action by clicking Join the Team.