Ten Workforce Planning Practices that Leading Companies Use to Their Competitive Advantage
Research at leading companies that are using strategic workforce planning to create a competitive advantage has uncovered 10 leading workforce planning practices. In their report, Axiom Consulting Partners’ Juan Pablo Gonzalez and Aaron Sorensen reveal that leading firms:
- Promote workforce planning as a “line-owned” core business practice;
- Establish a workforce planning “center of excellence;”
- Emphasize process and environment over technology;
- Promote standards and flexible methods and tools;
- Keep the workforce planning process agile;
- Use pilots for proof of concept;
- Integrate data capture with core business processes;
- Focus data collection internally;
- Continuously adapt talent taxonomies;
- Align line leaders around common workforce planning practices.
The authors conclude: “The progress that leading companies have made offers important milestones for other firms…but we believe it is also within reach of other companies who want to follow their example and use workforce planning as a source of competitive advantage.”
Download the whitepaper here.